Friday, March 18, 2005

Basketball bounty

The sports action last night was running my cup over. The Illini put away a valiant FDU squad with an impressive run to open the second half. It is a good sign for the next round that Dee Brown returned to shooting well. But, last night reiterated the fact that the weakness of Illinois is their frontcourt. No school will defeat the Illini by outplaying the guards D.Will, Head, and Brown. A team with dominant post play could spell trouble.

Unfortunately, Nevada has a player in Nick Fazekas that will test the Illini down low. I’m glad we are not facing Texas, as their big men are the type to bang. Nevada’s rely on a little more finesse, which is definitely more favorable for Auggie’s and the undersized Powell’s defensive game.

The Heat beat the Lakers, and to my pleasure, it seems that my guy Dwayne Wade and Kobe got into it a little on the court. A little trash talk. A bit of back-and-forth. It made the team battle all the more exciting.

I have to force myself to work diligently while the Tournament tempts me all afternoon.

No comments: